Who and What
Hi name is Leslie Robinson,
I was a tourism professional for over twenty years, working as a travel agent, tour operator, tour guide and tour director and helped pioneer the National Occupational Standards, certification and training programs in both Canada and Australia. My professional designations include:
- CTC (Certified Travel Counselor)
- DMATP (Distinguished Member of ASSN of Tourism Professionals)
- CTATP (Certified Trainer of ASSN of Tourism Professionals)
- MA (Adult Education)
- BA (Geography)
The Tourism Career Samplers and Survival Kits were created with, and for, tourism educators seeking high caliber experiential learning at a reasonable price. They are loaded with information and skills to help students make informed career choices and to get started in their first jobs in the tourism industry.
For educators, your prep is done!
We have partnered with the following organizations to design, deliver, examine, certify and promote professionalism in tourism education:
- Canadian Tourism Human Resources Council (CTHRC)
- Pacific Rim Institute of Tourism (PRIT)
- Association of Tourism Professionals (ATP)
- Canadian Academy of Travel and Tourism (CATT)
- Canadian Institutes of Travel Counselors (CITC)
- Alliance of Canadian Travel Associations (ACTA)
- American Society for Travel Agents, School at Sea (ASTA)
- National Academy Foundation (NAF)
- International Society of Travel and Tourism Educations (ISTTE)
- Tourism British Columbia (TBC)
- British Columbia Automobile Association (BCAA)
- Vancouver Island University
- Camosun College
- Australian Business College
- Vancouver Island School for Travel Agents (VISTA)
Suzanne Sharp, a tourism high school teacher initially requested the Tourism Career Samplers and I collaborated with Phil Foster for Adventure Tourism, Liz Webster for Heritage Interpreter, Veronica Timmons for Food and Beverage Server and Special Events Coordinator who provided specific career expertise. Bonnie Stevens at the Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council and Canadian Academy of Travel and Tourism and Reid Nelson, a high school teacher and tourism consultant were strong supporters.
If you have specific career expertise and would like to use our successful Career Sampler template, please email me directly to join our team.